Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Metaphors to Muse Upon: Pirates (Part 6 - Conclusion)

So i like Morgan. I like that he was quick to rally to unconventional solutions to big problems. I like that he saw in a group of misfits and outlanders the capacity to change the world. I like that he embodied the kind of poise, precision and audacity that appears to be more and more necessary to succeed in the world in which we live. I like that he helped to forge the spine for many "Pirate Charters" where, despite the despicable nature of their trade itself, exhibited more democracy, equality, generosity and character than the supposedly "civilized" cultures who often criticized them for their brutality. And finally, i like that by doing all of the above, Morgan and his ilk managed to single-handedly bring England to the proverbial table of the global goods trade and make it a "player" for global consideration for centuries to come.

No doubt by now you've noticed that i like metaphors. I like the idea of being a Smart Zombie and a Samurai. I like the tangible picture(s) that such images give me for what i'm trying to achieve. And apparently, i like Pirates! Avast!

No comments: